Life is made up of good and bad lessons we accumulate along the way. In order to understand it, we must separate it into a few domains, each with its own lessons to teach us. This list of good advice was given by a group of people from all ages. So here are 40 great tips for a great life!
1. Drink a lot of water
2. Eat your breakfast like kings, lunch like princes, and dinner like beggars
3. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less foods made in factories
4. Live your life according to the TEE principle: Truth, Empathy and Energy.
5. Make time for contemplation and/or prayer
6. Involve more game playing in your life
7. Read more books than you read last year
8. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes a day
9. Invest at least 7 hours of sleep every sleep
10. Take 10-30 minutes to walk somewhere each day. Smile while you walk.
11. Don’t compare your lives to those of others. You have no idea what their journey really looks like.
12. Don’t waste time on negative thoughts or things you cannot change. Instead divert your energy to a positive moment in the present.
13. Don’t exaggerate in your actions, keep yourself in check.
14. You don’t have to win EVERY argument. Agree to disagree.
15. Don’t waste your energy gossiping.
16. Dream more while you’re awake.
17. Envy is a waste of time. You may already have all you need, but if not, envy won’t get it for you.
18. Forget past events and don’t remind your partners of their past mistakes. It will ruin your present happiness.
19. Life’s too short to hate people. Don’t hate in vain.
20. Make peace with your past, or it will destroy you at present.
21. No one is responsible for your happiness but you.
22. Realize that life is a school and you’re here to learn. Problems are just a part of learning, but the lesson they teach will be with you for life.
23. Smile more. Laugh more.
24. Don’t take yourselves so seriously, no one else will! Community
25. Call your family often.
26. Every day give something good to another.
27. Forgive everyone, for everything.
28. Spend time with people over 80 and under 6 – it will teach you a lot.
29. Try to make at least 3 people smile, every day.
30. What other people think of you is none of your concern.
31. Your work won’t take care of you when you’re sick. Your family and friends will. Don’t cut ties.
32. Do the right thing. It pays in the long term
33. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or brings you enjoyment.
34. Pray, pray for everything.
35. Forgiveness heals all wounds.
36. No matter how good or bad the current situation is, it’ll change.
37. The best is yet to come.
38. When you wake up alive in the morning, don’t take it for granted – embrace it.
39. The secret of secrets in your heart is that you CAN be happy – so be happy.
40. Never forget to enjoy the time you have, the moment you are in, and the people that share these things with you!